1. Decisions made by judges are final. We are happy to give any clarification needed.
2. Unmarked categories will be placed into the most appropriate category (decision made by judges).
3. If a concern arises due to the age of a participant, a birth certificate may be requested.
4. There are no time limits on routines.
5. Contestants may enter as many solos, duets, trios, etc, as they wish, however they will only receive an Overall Award for their highest scoring entry. For example, a soloist enters three solo routines. They will be scored on each routine and given a categorical/placement award for each routine, but may only receive one Overall Solo Award, based on the highest scoring performance.
6. All participants, by virtue of entering, consent to use of pictures, and or video without royalty fee or other compensation, and agree that photographs and/or names may be used via web pages, Facebook, Twitter, news media, or any other type of media or advertising. Of course, you may choose not to share photos and videos with social media, by electing that choice on the Entry form.
7. Contestants authorize the use of their first name and first initial of last name (for example: Heather M.) to be used on website or Facebook, or other forms of media. If contestants, parents, or studio owners would like full names used, or names left completely out, that must be noted on the entry sheet.
8. Awards, certificates and scoring sheets are emailed to the entrant as soon as tabulation has been completed by Starz. Awards will be announced via website and Facebook after they have been sent to the entrant (if the entrant wishes it to be posted on the website and Facebook). Overall winners and Awards will be announced on the website within one week of the competition deadline. Number of Overall Winners is based on the number of entries in a particular category.
9. Starz may change deadline dates if necessary. Changes will be posted on the website.
10. Starz will only send awards, adjudication and comment sheets to the entrant. It is the responsibility of the entrant to disperse any awards given.
11. Teachers/Directors, please do not make corrections to students during the performance, verbally or otherwise.
12. No refunds will be given for any reason.
13. Rules, categories, etc. may changed/added at any time, if deemed necessary by Starz.
14. All choreography and costumes should be age appropriate. Routines that have inappropriate choreography, music or costumes will not be permitted to be shown on our website, and may have a reduction in scoring.
15. Studio/gym entries will have all awards sent to the studio/gym.
16. Routines should be placed in the appropriate category (Elite Starz (advanced dancers), All Starz (intermediate), Rising Starz(beginner dancers)). If a more advanced routine is placed in an easier category, Starz may place the routine into the more appropriate category.
17. Failure to comply with rules and procedures may result in disqualification of entries. Please know that Starz is here to work with you and assist with any difficulty you may have in complying with rules and/or procedures.
18. Payment may be made by check, Money Order, Cashier's Check or by Paypal (preferred).
19. Judging will not commence until payment is received and cleared.
20. Overall Awards may take a little longer than expected, as they are custom made.
1. Entries may be submitted by YouTube link (preferred), Dropbox, email or DVD sent in. Entries are judged on an ongoing basis, so we hope you will send your entries in early. Entries, including forms, must be received on or before the competition date. Entries received after the competition deadline will be automatically rolled into the next competition date.
2. If you are sending in a DVD, please make certain that the routine that you wish to be judged is clearly labeled.
3. If you are submitting via You Tube link, Dropbox, or email, please email your entry to
4. Video submissions are permitted from other dance competitions, recital performances, home videos, practice stage, studio or gym. Please, no mirrored backgrounds. The judges' focus should be solely on the dancer(s). Routines depicting other advertising (Other competitions, commercial products, etc.) will not be permitted to be shown or linked from our website, due to copyright laws.
5. Dancers should be in the frame at all times. Please zoom in as close to dancers as possible, but all participants must be in the frame for the judges to view.
6. Please understand that videos with poor quality may result in the judges not being able to properly assess a participant's technique or choreography.
7. Entries may be (but are not required) accompanied by a photograph of each solo, duet/trio, or group in costume, that can be used by Starz Dance Competitions for their website, Facebook, or other type of media use. For this photograph, there may not be any logos in the background (competition, sponsorship, etc.). Please upload photo on the entry form, if you desire.
Questions? Send us a message below!